What is The Gem Village?
The Gem Village project is what we like to call our new land, and building project! Last April we raised support to buy 88 acres outside of Kampala, Uganda. Our dream is to eventually turn the land into a small village with homes for our children, a medical center for the surrounding community, a school for our children and a church that would serve the surrounding villages.
We’re currently rent a home in the city of Kampala, and we’ve quickly reached capacity with our 39 children. The city has some pros and cons, but the air pollution, noise and lack of space is making it hard to continue to care for the children in the way that we desire!.
Gem Village Concepts
Over this past year we have partnered with EMI to design our new land and buildings in the most efficient, and safe way possible. They’ve now completed the plans for the buildings, infrastructure, blueprints, plumbing and everything else that comes with it.
Phase 1 of the Gem Village is to build three homes for our children so we can move out of the city and out to our land. Here are some of the images that EMI has drawn up for us!
Our Goal: $300,000
This Christmas our goal is to raise the money for our first three homes on our new land which was purchased last April. Each home costs $100,000 to build. We will need three homes in order to have enough space for our 39 children that we currently care for.
Our dream and vision for this land is to eventually turn it into a village with a school, community medical center for the surrounding village, and a church. Please join us in this vision by helping us achieve our goal of our first three homes!
- $100: Receive a thank you email from our organization. Remember that any amount helps us towards our goal!
- $500: Receive a video of one a Gem personally thanking you.. their way!
- $1,000: A Skype call from The Gem Foundation to meet our kids!
- $5,000: Honored as a Legacy giver on the “Legacy Wall” in the Administration Building.
- $10,000: Listed on the Founders Legacy Wall in a Children’s home with a room named in your honor.
- $25,000: Listed on the Founders Legacy Wall, a children’s room named in your honor and a Skype call from our Founders & The Gem Children!
- $50,000: Receive a trip to Uganda for 2 to meet the children, inspect the new land, and a building will be named in your honor as well as being listed on the Founders Legacy Wall.